10 things to do before lipoedema surgery
Okay! You’ve decided to have lipoedema surgery!
10 things to do before lipoedema surgery : anaesthetist, nurse, days off …
Here are 10 things to plan and do before your surgery:
- Make an appointment with your future anesthesiologist to review the situation (two months before at the most)
- Carry out the required tests (blood tests, Doppler echo, lymphoscintigraphy)
- Buy the prescribed compression garments and dressings as well as the requested medication
- Take a vitamin and iron treatment (especially if you have anemic tendencies) before the operation (according to the surgeon’s prescription and advice)
- If necessary, perform lymphatic drainage sessions before the operation if the oedema is important
- Plan appointments in advance with the physiotherapist for after the operation according to the surgeon’s prescription
- Take at least 15 days off work
- If necessary, arrange for a nurse at home for one week after the operation
- Arrange for an accompanying person to accompany you on your discharge from the clinic
- Inform your family of your weakened state and get help at home if needed during the first 15 days after the operation
You can also contact us by phone at 01.45.74.12.25.
You can contact us via the pre-consultation form for an appointment